Skin contains millions of pores, even if most of them are not visible to the human eye. All of these pores are open, allowing the skin to "breathe". Each pore contains a hair follicle. Each pore also contains sebaceous (oil) glands that make an oil called sebum.
Any skin type, whether its oily, normal, or dry, can take on the appearance of having large, open pores. These may give your skin a dull appearance, particularly if theyre clogged with dirt, bacteria, oil, or dead skin cells. While not a medical concern, open pores can be a cosmetic issue for some people who do not like the way their skin looks.
In adolescents, and in adults who are prone to acne, open pores may become clogged, turning into blackheads or whiteheads. Ageing skin containing less collagen may also take on the appearance of having larger, open pores, which might also cause concern.
I have been seeing MJ for for a couple years now for derma needling. Her treatment offering, price point and professionalism are second to none. I finally had the pleasure of experiencing her new space on Riccarton Road and it is absolutely gorgeous and a labour of love. She has a lovely team behind her now and you will not be disappointed. I was able to experience the Luxe Fire Pedicure and was struggling to stay awake I was so relaxed. Definitely the best pedicure I have ever had! Look forward to going back and experiencing all their other offerings!
Open Pore treatments
- Bio–Microneedling – stimulates the bodys scar–healing response and increase skin cell renewal.
- Carbon laser peel – peel deeply exfoliates the skin. It also helps to stimulate collagen production and is fast and painless.
- Chemical peel treatments – non–invasive procedure which uses a chemical solution to exfoliate the damaged and dead outer layers of the skin.
- Derma microneedling – a cosmetic procedure that is used to encourage collagen production by taking advantage of the bodys natural healing response.
- Fibroblasting – a non–surgical procedure that uses protein and collagen components to improve your skin texture and offer a smoothing effect.
- Meso microneedling – a series of microneedles push a nourishing serum underneath the skin, encouraging rejuvenation of the entire area.
- Micro genius – uses RF energy with insulated microneedling to make sure your skin is treated at the exact layer to lift the skin and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
- PicoSure® – the energy delivered causes pores to slowly disappear through your bodys natural healing process, revealing clearer, more beautiful–looking skin.
Due to the varying nature of open pores, consultations are always required. This way our trained aesthetician can put together a treatment package that best meets your needs.