Dry or oily skin
Dry skin is an uncomfortable condition marked by scaling, itching, and cracking. It can occur for a variety of reasons. You might have naturally dry skin. But even if your skin tends to be oily, you can develop dry skin from time to time.
Dry skin can affect any part of your body. It commonly affects hands, arms, and legs. Frequent hand–washing and using hand sanitiser can also cause your hands to become dry. Exposure to dry weather conditions, hot water, and certain chemicals can cause your skin to dry out. Dry skin can also result from underlying medical conditions.
Is it normal to have dry skin?
The simple answer is yes. As you get older, its common for your skin to become dryer over time. By the age of 60, nearly everyone struggles with dry skin.
Dry Skin treatments
- Anti–ageing hydra restore treatment – this luxurious treatment leaves skin looking younger, healthier, radiant, feeling softer and smooth.
- Glass skin facial – this treatment is non–invasive and non–surgical, it helps to treat hyperpigmentation and lighten skin blemishes to reveal a clearer and brighter complexion – achieving glass like perfection.
- Lactic acid peel – derived from milk, lactic acid is a relatively light chemical peel. It is ideal for treating sensitive skin types. It also has strong moisturising properties and works well on dry skin.
- Marine radiance facial – involves oxygenating, nourishing, strengthening and toning.
- Meso microneedling – essentially has all the incredible benefits of microneedling and elevates them to the next level.
- Microdermabrasion – this treatment scrapes off the dead and dull top layer of the skin to allow newer, healthier skin underneath to emerge. The result? A smoother, brighter, and glowing complexion.
- OxyGeneo Facial – the 3–in–1 super facial; exfoliates, oxygenates & infuses. OxyGeneo provides a unique approach to facial treatments.
- Warming mineral treatment – a detoxifying skin treatment that helps the skin to eradicate blockages and waste.
Do you notice that your skin has a little extra shine? The fact is everyone has oil in their skin. Under each of your pores is a sebaceous gland that produces natural oils called sebum. This helps keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
Its a fact that some people have dry skin, some people have oily skin; most people have combination skin, oily in some places, dry in others, and excess oil can lead to blemishes and acne flare–ups.
The causes of oily skin include: genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors. While you cant necessarily get rid of oily skin, you can take steps to make your skin less oily.
Oily Skin treatments
- Acnelan® by Mesoestetic – A professional medical method for the intensive treatment of acne–prone and seborrheic skins.
- Acne treatments/peels – we have a number of treatment options from the worlds leading skincare brands: Mesoestetic, MCCM & La Clinica
- Citric acid peel – helps reduce mild pimple scars, blemishes, and age spots. Its pH balancing properties help the skin to tackle the effects of sun exposure and pollution.
- Galactose acid peel – is ideal for treating sensitive skin, as galactose is naturally present in our body and used as an exfoliant in skincare treatments because of its prebiotic and antioxidant properties.
- Gluconic acid peel – besides exfoliation and cell renewal, gluconic acid helps regulate the keratinisation process.
- Gly C with microdermabrasion facial – great for cleaning for oily and acne-prone skin. It makes use of natural fruit acids to unroof pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads, exfoliates dead skin, and eliminates acne-causing bacteria.
- Glycolic acid peel – a small molecular structure allows it to penetrate deep into skin layers and do a thorough job of exfoliation.
- Jet peel – an all–natural, virtually painless skin treatment procedure designed to improve the appearance and texture of your skin.
- Lactobionic acid peel – is high in antioxidants and moisturising properties, offers protection against pollution and harsh weather.
- Mandelic acid peel – this acid helps clear away the surface–level dead skin and boost cell turnover in the skin.
- Meso microneedling – a series of microneedles push a nourishing serum underneath the skin, encouraging rejuvenation of the entire area.
- Mesoestetic® peel treatments – this peeling treatment can help dry out acne and decrease oiliness of the skin.
- OxyGeneo facial – the 3–in–1 super facial; exfoliates, oxygenates & infuses. OxyGeneo provides a unique approach to facial treatments.
- Salicylic acid peel – strong on exfoliation as well as oil control, with high antibacterial and anti–inflammatory properties.
Due to the varying nature of dry & oily skin conditions, consultations are recommended. This way our trained aesthetician can put together a treatment package that best meets your needs.