If your skin is stretched farther than its used to in a short period of time — during pregnancy or a childhood growth spurt, for example — the elastic fibres in your skin can tear. Those damaged areas make long, thin scars called stretch marks. They can show up as pink, red, or purple streaks.
Stretch marks often begin as red or purple marks, and slowly fade to white or silver over time. The difference in colour distinguishes how old the marks are. Though they may never disappear completely, treatment can lighten the colour of your marks and shrink them.
White stretch marks are older and more difficult to treat. Over time, your blood vessels will narrow, making it hard to stimulate collagen production. Treatment results may not be as drastic compared to those of red stretch marks, but there are options available to help them fade more naturally and at a faster pace.
Just had the last of a series of treatments and wanted to share my experience. MJ is one lovely lady , super comfortable and real. Beautiful nature and professional. I love what this treatment is doing for my skin. I will be getting more of her range of treatments. Such a great experience from the get go. If you are looking for advice on what would suit your skin MJ is your lady xx
Stretch Mark treatments
- Bio–Microneedling – stimulates the bodys scar–healing response and increase skin cell renewal.
- Derma microneedling – a cosmetic procedure that is used to encourage collagen production by taking advantage of the bodys natural healing response.
- Fibroblasting – a non–surgical procedure that uses protein and collagen components to improve your skin texture and offer a smoothing effect.
- Meso microneedling – a series of microneedles push a nourishing serum underneath the skin, encouraging rejuvenation of the entire area.
- MJs is an undisclosed and specialised treatment which MJ personally developed throughout the many years of experience and training.
- PicoSure® – the energy delivered causes pores to slowly disappear through your bodys natural healing process, revealing clearer, more beautiful–looking skin.
- TCA peel – makes use of a light chemical peel to help control oil, lighten hyperpigmentation, and even out skin colour.
Due to the varying nature of stretch marks, consultations are always required. This way our trained aesthetician can put together a treatment package that best meets your needs.