After acne scarring
Spots (Post–inflammatory pigmentation)
Post–inflammatory colour changes improve with time, but it can take a long time for them to completely heal.
These may be visible as either; pink or purple flat patches, brown marks (pigmentation) as seen in people who can tan easily, or white marks with those who have a fair complexion.
Unfortunately, true acne scars never completely disappear, although their appearance usually improves with time.
There are may types including:
- Ice–pick scars — V–shaped scars that can go deep into the skin
- Rolling scars — wide depressions that typically have rounded edges and an irregular, rolling appearance
- Boxcar scars — wide U–shaped scars that have sharp edges
Each type of scar responds to treatment differently, and some treatments are better for some types than others.
Additionally, your skin tone can also be a factor. E.g., for darker skin types, deeper skin laser treatments will not be recommended due to higher chances of scarring and pigmentation.
- Acne treatments (article)
- Scar treatments (article)
- MJ Exposé Scar & Mark Serum (product)
Radharani devi dasi
I absolutely love going there, but unfortunately soon there will be no scars :) on my face, but I hope they will be able to help other people instead. Result of procedures was more than I expected. They have a big range depending on the problem, in my case, deep acne scars, that nearly all gone!!! Highly appreciate and will advertise it all around. You are the best in Christchurch!!
Acne Scarring Treatments
- Carbon laser peel – deeply exfoliates the skin, helps to stimulate collagen production.
- Fibroblasting – a non–surgical procedure that uses protein and collagen components to improve your skin texture
- PicoSure® – the advanced laser energy delivered causes acne to slowly disappear through your body's natural healing process
- TCA Peel – makes use of a light chemical peel to help control oil, lighten hyperpigmentation, and even out skin colour.
Due to the complex nature of acne scarring consultations are always required. That way our trained aesthetician can put together a treatment package that best meets your needs.