Loose and sagging skin
Over time, skin loses its youthful appearance. This natural ageing process is often accelerated by: hereditary factors, sun exposure, smoking, chickenpox and acne.
As skin ages, it loses two important proteins manufactured in the dermis – elastin and collagen. As its name suggests, elastin gives skin elasticity. It provides firm skin with the ability to bounce back when stretched
Collagen is produced by fibroblasts. When skin is taut and firm, it has collagen to thank. Collagen is comprised of tightly–constructed fibres, which help skin maintain its structure and firmness. Both elastin and collagen production decline as people age.
Too much sun exposure and not taking care of your skin or health can speed up the process of skin ageing. This can make your skin look saggy and wrinkled at a younger age.
Saggy skin, on both the face and body, is often associated with the loss of fat. The deterioration or reduction of collagen and elastin in the dermis are another cause of saggy skin.
While anyone can get saggy skin, its more likely to occur in people as they age. People who have lost significant amounts of weight are also more susceptible.
Carrying extra weight for an extended period of time can cause damage to the collagen and elastin fibres in your skin. This makes it harder for skin to snap back when you lose weight. If you lose a significant amount of weight, significant amounts of saggy skin may result.
Since younger skin bounces back more readily, your age at the time of weight loss can also play a role in how saggy your skin becomes.
Loose and sagging skin treatments
- Fibroblasting – a non–surgical procedure that uses protein and collagen components to improve your skin texture
- Mesotherapy – a technique that uses injections of vitamins, enzymes, hormones, and plant extracts to rejuvenate and tighten skin.
- Micro genius – uses RF energy which targets skin laxity, pigmentation and textural issues, producing instant long–term results you will love.
- TCA peel – makes use of a light chemical peel to help control oil, lighten hyperpigmentation, and even out skin colour.
- TriPollar facial treatment – painlessly delivers focused RF waves deep into your skin to tighten and lift your skin.
Due to the complex nature loose and sagging skin, consultations are always required. That way our trained aesthetician can put together a treatment package that best meets your needs.